As of 9/1/2018: 36 villages of Punjab are either receiving help or committed by NRI donors and ready to go.
- Cluster #1: Struggling families of three villages in Jalandhar district, namely Kotli Arian, Mahadipur and Dhudial, are receiving benefits every month. These villages are covered by their NRIs. Total of 85 families are helped. Three more, nearby villages, Sarobad , Doodpur and Bhella are set to start soon. Very soon this cluster is projected to have 10 plus villages covered.
- Cluster #2: Deserving families of four villages in SAS Nagar district namely: Guda, kasuli, Karondewala and Bagindi, are receiving benefits from February 2018. These villages are perhaps among the poorest villages in Punjab. These villages are adopted by a single NRI from USA. 73 poor families of these villages are beneficiaries.
- Badduwal (Moga), Bhure kahna(Tarantar), Alampur (Patiala) are some other villages active.
- NRIs of many more villages, in various districts of Punjab, have committed to adopt their respective village and the process to identify the right beneficiaries and subsequently start of benefits will start in the near future.
- Also an NRI has been paying salaries of two teachers at School for Blinds, Bahowal, near Mahilpur. Non profit School teaches more than 24 poor family blind students to become self reliant.
- Two fortunate families living in Punjab cities have committed to adopt their ancestral villages.
- One Punjabi NRI run business, in USA, has outsourced some computer work to poor family students who are learning I.T.
- SMART SCHOOL CONCEPT IS SET UP IN ONE VILLAGE AS A TEST. A touch screen tablet with a projector and screen is used to teach the primary School students. It is a creative way of enchanting student’s interest in learning as well as exposure to technology at early stage. Eighteen (18) Primary Schools, in various districts of Punjab, are set up or being set up by associates of our organization. One time cost is very nominal, Rs 18000 or $275.
Note: No help is too small. Anyone believing in giving back to their roots, please contract the organization.