• Many of Punjabi NRIs are well settled in their adopted country but always are well wishers of their childhood villages.
* They have been helping the needy of their villages from time to time. But always wondered if their, once a while, help provide any day to day dignity of life to the poor and help the youngsters of poor families to pursue their dreams.
* For long many NRIs have thought of doing something meaningful for the poor of their own village called ‘MY PIND’ but struggled to find the best ways to do it.
* Above realities led to the establishment of “Friends Of Punjab Foundation”.
* A pilot model was tested, in one village, for two years to make it practical, transparent and very effective.
* Organization has become an effective partner with many NRIs who are adopting their villages of childhood memories.