* Punjabi NRIs are well settled abroad but always well wishers of their childhood villages.
* Helping poor, donating for different charitable causes and development work but always wondering if desired results are achieved, has been a question mark.
* For long many NRIs have thought of doing something meaningful for the poor of their own village called ‘MY PIND’ but struggled to find the best ways to do it.
* Above realities led to the establishment of “Friends Of Punjab Foundation”.
* A pilot model was tested, in one village, for two years to make it practical, transparent and very effective.
* Organization has become an effective partner with many NRIs who are adopting their villages of childhood memories.